Now Summer is officially over, we look at 15 ways to reduce your heating bills Right Now. The days are getting shorter, the nights are drawing in and it’s time to switch on our boiler to keep our family cosy in the colder months. With energy prices rising you don’t want to be hit with an expensive heating bill. In this article we highlight 15 ways to reduce your heating bills Right Now.
Ways To Reduce Your Heating Bills This Right Now
Here at Yorkshire Boilers, we know your boiler is one of the most important items in your home especially in Right Now. It is at the heart of your home’s central heating system and is vital for keeping your home toasty during the colder months. However, you don’t want to be faced with unexpected expensive heating bills which is why we’ve created a guide to show you ways to reduce your heating bills Right Now.
15 Ways To Reduce Your Heating Bills This Right Now
Here’s 15 ways to reduce your heating bills this winter:
- Switch to a new energy supplier – Have you switched to a new energy supplier in the last 3 years? If you haven’t then there’s a good chance you will be able to save money. According to Which? Switch changing to a new energy supplier could save you on average £237 a year on gas and electricity bills. However, even if you have changed your energy supplier in the last 3 years there is still a chance you could still save money by making sure you’re on the cheapest tariff.
- Upgrade to a new energy efficient boiler – Investing in a new ‘A’ rated energy efficient boiler will make your home a toasty hideaway this winter. You will also save more money as A Rated boilers are 90% more efficient.
- Turn down your thermostat – Turning down your thermostat by just 1ºC can save you up to £85 a year, according to the Energy Saving Trust. So, it makes good money saving sense to put a few extra layers on instead of turning the heating up. If you have already turned down your thermostat then you can save even more money by turning the radiators down in empty or rarely used rooms.
- Dress for cold weather – Instead of turning the heat up, get changed into a jumper and warm socks, keep a blanket nearby at all times.
- Insulate your home – If you have a modern house, then it is highly likely that your home will already contain some insulation material. Some ways to keep your home insulated include having thick curtains which will help insulate glass at your windows and layer up some mineral wool in your attic.
- Keep internal doors open – Keeping your internal doors open will let the heat flow through the house, meaning that everywhere in your house will soon get warm.
- Get a smart meter – A smart meter shows you how much energy you’re using in pounds and pence. This would replace your current gas and electricity meter. Knowing how much money you are spending on your gas and electricity will allow you to control how much energy you use in your home and where you need to cutback which is ways to reduce your heating bills this winter.
- Upgrade to triple glazing windows – Triple glazing is 3 panes of glass instead one or two. Triple glazing not only reduces noise, but also will keep more heat inside your home, not letting it escape.
- Stop drafts in your home – Heated air will leave your house through window frames , power sockets and other gaps throughout your home. To prevent this use foam strips or expanding foam to seal up holes in your house.
- Seal your chimney when not in use – Leaving your chimney open when it is not in use is the same as leaving your windows open over night. Doing this will allow a large amount of air to escape from your home.
- Use the sun – Opening your curtains during the winter months will bring in free heat to your home, closing your curtains as soon as the sun has gone down will keep the heat generated from the sun inside your house.
- Only heat rooms you use – If you have any rooms which you rarely use, like guest rooms, shutting the door to these rooms will prevent heat from going in.
- Reduce hot water use – Use a low flow shower head and change the setting on your washing machine to use cold water instead of warm. Doing these two things will help you avoid using your heat to boost water temperature. The less hot water you use then the less you will have to pay for you heating bill.
- Use waste heat – Some equipment in your home produces a lot of heat during their normal processing. Like a computer or TV for example. Position these types of “waste heat” producers in a way that benefits the heat of the current room you are trying to warm up.
- Keep vents and radiators clear – Ensure that your vents are not being blocked by furniture, and make sure there are no large objects such as tables, chairs or units in front of your radiators. Doing this will allow the warm air to circulate around the room freely and you will get the full benefit of the warm air. This is also much safer as it reduces risk of fire.
Unbeatable New Boiler Deals From Yorkshire Boilers
Here at Yorkshire Boilers, we’re making the best boilers available to everyone with our unbeatable combi boiler deals for Right Now. You can guarantee that one of our new boilers will be the perfect addition to your home keeping your family warm this winter.
If you choose to buy your new boiler from us you will benefit from the best new boiler deals, flexible boilers on finance options, gas safe registered engineers and quick installation within 24 hours of your enquiry. To enquire about our new boiler deals, call a friendly member of our experienced sales team on 01924 434390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with a great deal on your new boiler.